At The California Healing Institute
My name is Wendy Read and I am a holistic healer from Northern California. My philosophy focuses on treating individuals, not diseases. I work with people to improve their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. I am an herbalist, medicine maker, cannabis therapy expert, nutritionist, bodyworker, and spiritual counselor. I have practiced and taught about many aspects of holistic health including herbal healing, nutrition, energy skills, spiritual counseling and multiple modalities of massage therapy. As a minister, I founded the Caretaker’s Garden healing sanctuary and apothecary in 2006. Through a desire to spread knowledge about natural healing, I founded the California Healing Institute in 2013. I am a burner and live my life according to the Burning Man principles which include radical self-reliance, gifting, and leave no trace.
I have lived in the mountains in the heart of the Emerald Triangle for over twenty years and become a practical expert on the medicinal uses of marijuana for the mind, body and spirit: the emerald trinity.
- Certified Cannabis Therapy Consultant/Educator
- Licensed Cannabis Cultivator, Medicinal Formulator, Manufacturer
- Herbalist, Holistic Health Researcher and Advocate Resource of Alternative, Holistic and Cannabis experienced Physicians
- Supporting member of The American Cannabis Nurses Association (ACNA)
Karin C. Uphoff
Karin C. Uphoff, is a Master Herbalist, Iridologist, Bodyworker and author of Botanical Body Care: Herbs and Natural Healing for Your Whole body, a book that combines basic physiology with herbal healing, cleansing and nutrition. As a founding member of the Mendocino County Herb Guild and co-host of radio show Holistic Health Perspectives on kzyx.org, she is passionate about empowering others through partnership with the natural world.
In the past 25 years, Karin has practiced and taught about many aspects of holistic health including herbal healing and nutrition, yoga, Reikii, energy healing, plant spirit medicine and flower remedies. She is a member of Corners of the Mouth, worker-owned collective health food store in Mendocino California, where she serves as a nutritional consultant. Her professional affiliations include the American Herbalist Association, the American Herbalist Guild, United Plant Savers, and the American Botanical Council. Learn more about Karin at: www.karinuphoff.com.
Organic Farmer and Medicine Maker
Text: (707) 599-1742
Pearl’s cannabis history started in 1985, the dark ages of Cannabis, and has led a long and colorful journey into the light. Seeking freedom, she was forced to the Emerald Triangle in 1990 where she found kindred spirits with the Cannabis Community of the California cannabis movement. She has been teaching medicine making at the California Healing Institute since 2016. She is currently available for consultations
- Founder of the Humbolt Cannabis College
- Co-proprietor of the Bud Sisters Organic Topicals
- Creator of the Cannabis Calendar
- Certified Cannabis Therapy Consultant
- Certified Cannabis Cultivation Consultant
- Judge at the Emerald Cup since 2011
- Judge at the High Times Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam in 2000
- Judge at the Golden Tarp Awards since 2017
- Judge at the First Annual Jefferson Cup in 2018
Joyce Michelina Centofanti, PhD
*Certified Cannabis Therapy Consultant (2015-present)
*Dr. Joyce has been a Judge at the – Jefferson Cup, Battle of the Boarders 2018, The Golden Tarp Awards, The Emerald Cup (9 years) and The High Times Cannabis Cup, Amsterdam (1997-2000)
*Permitted as a Recreational Marijuana Worker from the State of Oregon.
* Dr. Joyce has consulted at Wonderland Nursery, Garberville, California.
*Currently available for consultations.
* Dr. Joyce enjoys bringing her cannabis consulting and education skills to students at the California Healing Institute, children, the arts community and the elderly.